Wednesday, November 30, 2011

As I Wake Up

..............................


I wonder what people think when they wake up every morning. If you are a Muslim, maybe you start with the Du'a. Then what else comes to mind in that few seconds before you actually get up and start your day? Do you think of your loved ones, like your spouse that's probably sleeping beside you? Do your mind suddenly recall the events of the night before? Or forget the past and straight away you think of what's going to happen today? Or perhaps you are still reeling from a dream you just had?

As for me, I sure dread the thought of going to work. I think that's bad. Sometimes, before I sleep, I do feel excited about work. That usually happens when I suddenly get inspiration or ideas about some problems which I can't wait to solve. But the funny thing is, the excitement dies down with some sleep and I wake up feeling heavy, as I usually do. I wish someday I can wake up and think to myself, "Here comes another fine day!" and learn to be grateful.

No comments: